St. Sebastian Church, Permannur
Permannur was originally a part of Ullal (later Panir) church. In 1913, Fr Joseph Menezes of Ullal succeeded in obtaining 15 acres of land, where Fr Lawrence Fernandes built a chapel. On its being detached from Ullal into a separate chapel, Fr S.V. Rebello became the first chaplain on February 1, 1918. It was formally declared a chaplaincy by Bishop Paul Perini on November 6, 1919.
Fr Rebello built a small chapel which was inaugurated on April 5, 1926. Since the location of the chapel was not easily accessible, permission was given to the chaplain Fr Piadade S. D'Souza to locate the Permannur chapel at Thokkottu, the present site. The parishioners donated 3 acres of land at the centre area of the parish, and the late U. Krishna Bhat, a lawyer, donated 2 acres on which the new church was constructed by Fr Piad S. D'Souza and it was solemnly blessed on May 23, 1932 by Bishop Victor R. Fernandes.
The chaplaincy was raised to the rank of a parish on July 16, 1932 with Fr Piad S. D'Souza as the first parish priest. He constructed the presbytery. Adamkudru island, a part of Ullal was brought under the jurisdiction of Permannur when it became a parish. Fr Basil A. D'Souza built the belfry. Fr Stany B. Lobo built the new church which was inaugurated on February 16, 1993.
Fr Albert D'Sa started Permannur Co-operative Society to help the people during the Second World War. Fr Jose M. Menezes built the extension to the Holy Angels School. A new building for the Holy Angels School and the High School building were constructed in close proximity to the church by Fr Harold D'Souza. Fr Peter Serrao has started a Pre-University College, English medium school and a degree college.